MY AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW

11 June 2024


CAITLIN D BURNSIDE (Novelist)




TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF AND HOW MANY BOOKS YOU HAVE WRITTEN.

I had written many of my Father's stories as school's homework. Papa was an amazing storyteller and I've inherited that cool talent. I'd managed to publish one whole series, but something happened online and I decided to delete it. During the Pandemic lockdowns of 2020, I wrote two new series. "Eternal Love Series" contains four full-length novels. "Heavenly Trilogy" is my current WIP. So nearly 13 books.

After beta-readers recommendations, I've simplified the titles, updated the covers and projected publishing year. I also created a series of characters for both series. I intend to make two eBook video trailers from it.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR LATEST BOOK AND WHAT INSPIRED IT?

My current WIP is about an Angel "Bound For Earth" and the life she'll live as a human. It's based on a true story to which I've the rights to change into a fantasy world.

DO YOU HAVE ANY UNUSUAL WRITING HABITS?

Apparently, I do! Firstly, I write mostly at night as it's the quietest time and where my ideas flow onto paper better. Secondly, I set all my stories in Europe and the UK and the fact that it's in British English with local lingo...

WHAT AUTHORS, OR BOOKS HAVE INFLUENCED YOU?

First and foremost, my Father's storytelling. My great grandmother's magical books. A medical condition got my Father to introduce me to Vampire films. Finally, reading my X book in late 70s by Fred Saberhagen "An Old Friend of the Family" proved that another twist to Count Dracula could be written.

WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

In April 2022, I was preparing a webshop for my eBooks. Unexpectedly and very suddenly, my husband passed away. As it was so soon after the loss of our son, it was too difficult to deal with death and book launch, so I shelved the writing work.

I've just recently began writing and creating in order to launch this coming summer 2024.

WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

Rick Riordan's "Percy Jackson and The Olympians" series.

WHAT’S NEXT FOR YOU AS A WRITER?

Reorganising life without husband and son. Making it liveable for daughter and myself plus for companionship, we bought a delightful all black kitten. It meant all new emails, new updated websites. I'm planning to create a sample of "Eternal Love Series" and post it for a coffee as an introduction to the whole series.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to add them in the comments below. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY PARANORMAL/HORROR ESSAY STORY

THE POLTERGEISTS AND CEMETERY GHOSTS EXPERIENCE!

MEET CDBurnsideAuthor (CAITLIN D BURNSIDE) AND HER WRITINGS!